YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 14 November 2011

AS.EVERYTHING.IN.LIFE.COMES.TOGETHER.NOW.I.NEED.YOUR.MIND.♥

This weekend I filmed Devin Townsend in London. I've filmed Bloodstock Open Air festival the last couple of years, but haven't done a gig at an indoor venue. The 1st 2 nights (Fri & Sat) were at the ULU, and then the final night was at the Union Chapel in London. He basically played his 4 albums over 4 nights for a DVD he's releasing. The final album was proper chilled out, and it looked amazing in the union chapel. The building itself is stunning and it all fitted together perfectly. It was really bizarre seeing aload of metal heads all sat in pews, drinking coffee (no alcohol alowed in the church), and eating little pots of ice cream that was served between the support act and Devin.
Between each song you could have heard a pin drop, and I even got looks when I had to change my tape in the camera (not exactly a loud movement!). At the end though there was the biggest and longest applause and he spent well over an hour in the crowd after, taking photos and signing CDs etc. I haven't really heard much of his stuff except for what Josh has played but i've definately been converted after seeing him live. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result, and owning another DVD with my name in the credits.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment